News & Announcements
- January 29, 2019: Researchers from Toyota Motor North America visited MTFL for potential research collaboration on transport phenomena in PEM fuel cells!
- Thomas DeMonte was awarded the 2nd place in senior design poster presentation at the College of Engineering Senior Design Expo event. Thomas, in collaboration with Brett Sherman, studied the effect of gas diffusion layer (GDL) compression on water percolation within the plane of the GDL in PEM fuel cells. Tom's project was selected for this competitive award among the pool of over 100 participants in College of Engineering Senior Design Expo. Congratulations Tom!
- Senior design presentations, May 2018
To learn more about senior design projects completed by MTFL members, please watch a short video for each project by simply clicking on the projects listed below (sorry for the background noise as the battery testing machine was running at the time!)
Video: Flow boiling in microchannel
Video: Water percolation in GDL of PEM fuel cell
Video: Enhanced heat transfer in perforated fin baseboards
Video: Enhanced water removal in PEM fuel cell flow channel by superimposing acoustic pressure wave
- Conference attended, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Mar 2018
- Journal paper accepted in Energy, Sep 2017
- Conference attended, Toronto, Canada, Aug 2017
- KEEN ICE Workshop, Denver, CO, Aug 2017
- Senior design presentation award, WNE, May 2017
- KEEN Integrated e-Learning Module Workshop, Columbus, OH, June 2017
- KEEN Winter Conference, Jacksonville, FL, January 2017